An educational radio contact is planned with Primary School “Jovan Jovanović Zmaj“, Sremska Mitrovica, Serbia, direct via YU7BPQ. School blog “To the Moon and back”
The ISS callsign is presently scheduled to be OR4ISS
The scheduled astronaut is Luca Parmitano KF5KDP.
Contact is go for: Tue 2020-01-28 15:51:19 UTC 48 deg;
Downlink signals from ISS will be audible above parts of Europe on 145.800 MHz narrowband FM; contact will be in English. RX only!
Primary school Jovan Jovanovic Zmaj from Sremska Mitrovica, situated on the left bank of the Sava river in the middle of the region of Srem, is a vibrant, friendly and nurturing school with 65 years of tradition and experience.
The motto of the school based on the lyrics of a famous Serbian poet Jovan Jovanovic Zmaj: “Where I stopped, you carry on”, so at school they try to continue the tradition of open-minded, creative, innovative, child-oriented learning and teaching.
The school offers a broad, however, balanced curriculum in a stimulating environment to our 1044 pupils, supported by a wide range of after school clubs and quality school trips.
They are always seeking ways to bring to life STEM and foreign language subjects via real-life situations.
This year pupils, teachers, and the HAM operators who support them are as busy as bees, or perhaps as the ISS crew, because they want to talk to the astronauts on the ISS so they are learning about space through various subjects and activities. It is a part of their educational proposal with ARISS. There are fun classes, costumes, Milky Way installation, drawings, maths, history geography and more!
Their friends from the radio amateur club YU7BPQ are helping them with the radio contact! They made a huge antenna!
Radio communication is for most students and teachers a new experience. Furthermore, they are learning how to use an amateur radio station!
Just imagine how thrilling it is to press the button and hear some noise before you hear the voice behind it! Old school though good stuff!
Proposed questions generated by the Primary School “Jovan Jovanović Zmaj“ students:
1. Ena (12): Which planet would you like to visit and why?
2. Hristina (12): What manmade wonders can you see from space?
3. Una (12): What is the furthest spot on the horizon and what can you see around you?
4. Dunja (12): Why is the temperature at ISS at constant 38 degrees?
5. Dositej (13): What do you do when you cut yourself?
6. Masa (13): What do you do when you canâ€™t sleep?
7. Dimitrije (13): What kind of music do you listen to and who chooses it?
8. Eleonora (13): What do you do for fun?
9. Elena (13): What is your favourite thing about space?
10. Mihailo (13): Is your space suit comfortable?
11. Lara (14): Is life in space difficult?
12. Natasa (13): Can you eat ice cream in space?
13. Marija (14): What is on todayâ€™s menu?
14. Luka (12): Do you prefer taking off or landing and why?
15. Andela (11): What do you miss most about Earth?
16. Ognjen (14): Can you see thunders and lightening on Earth?
17. Aleksa (12): What would you do if you happen to drift away from ISS?
18. Aleksandar (12): What do you do when you get ill?
19. Nikola (12): What does it feel like when you get back to Earth?
20. Mila (11): How does the Earth look from above?